Skip to main content

Initial ideas

So to begin with, I started researching different types of monsters of folklore from Japan. One of the creatures that sticks with me is Yokai. I love that Yokai can be anything from a normal ghostly apparition to a terrifying demon. For my first idea I went with the classic Japanese horror trope of a girl with long hair wearing a white nightdress. I've drawn her to be a poor, tortured soul forever cursed to exist in our world. Quite the typical profile for a ghost really!

Image may contain: drawing

Image may contain: 1 person, drawing

Two different designs and torturous situations. Lovely!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a Redbubble!

I have a redbubble account! Head over to https://www.redbubble.com/people/rcartist/works/26113699-happy-hippie-chameleon-illustration?asc=u to view my products I have for sale featuring past illustrations including this 

Illustration with Animation third year gallery show

final images

These are the final images for my project; my characters and their companions.